UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — US President Donald Trump warned Iran that any step would be a “grave mistake.”
“We are following the situation and we will see what will happen to Iran,” Trump told reporters in response to questions about recent tensions in Iran. “If the Iranians do anything, it would be a grave mistake.”
The US envoy for Iran, Brian Hawk, said earlier that the administration of US President Donald Trump, is not concerned about the possibility of a war with Iran, and wants a new deal with them.
“The Trump administration is not concerned about a conflict with Iran,” Hawk said in a statement to The Sunday Times. “The American actions are just a response to the Iranian aggression.”
“All we do is defensive,” Hawk said, adding that Iran “continues to be the main sponsor of terrorism in the world and if they act in this way without a nuclear weapon, imagine how they would act if they had it.”
The United States has stepped up its military presence in the Middle East at an accelerated pace in recent days, and sent B-52 bombers, Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and other attack ships to the region.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: email@example.com
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.