UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — US President Donald Trump extended the validity of a number of sanctions previously imposed on individuals and organizations under an executive decree of March 8, 2015 on the situation in Venezuela, reported in the official notification of the White House, sent on Tuesday to Congress.
The document says that “the situation in Venezuela continues to present an extraordinary and extreme threat to the interests of national security and the foreign policy of the United States.” “Therefore, I extend the [sanction] state of emergency, announced by decree 13692,” it said.
In this case we are talking about almost all the restrictions that the American administration recently introduced against the political leadership of Venezuela and the country’s military command, as well as the closest circle of President Nicolas Maduro.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org