UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — A spokesman for the US-backed Democratic Forces of Syria said his forces would resume the attack on the Baguz, the last enclave of the Islamic state in eastern Syria, if no more civilians or fighters were to leave by Saturday afternoon.
Mustafa Bali said no one had left the Baguz since Thursday. Last month, Syria’s democratic forces announced a final battle to control the town but slowed the offensive to allow civilians to leave. Thousands of civilians and fighters have emerged from Baguoz over the past few days.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: email@example.com