UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has confirmed that all US diplomats will leave Venezuela on Thursday.
“American diplomats will continue their mission from elsewhere, where they will continue to contribute to the management of humanitarian assistance to the Venezuelan people and to support democratic actors who are resisting the dictatorship with courage,” Pompeo said in a statement.
A US official said his country’s diplomats had left Venezuela on an irregular flight “charter” on a civilian plane.
The US State Department announced earlier this week that it would withdraw all remaining US diplomats in Venezuela on the back of the crisis, which has become a power outage of the latest developments.
Venezuelan authorities cut ties with the United States and expelled US diplomats from the country following Washington’s recognition of opposition speaker Juan Guido as “interim president” of the country.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: email@example.com