UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — A storming of his country’s embassy in Spain last month was a “serious terrorist attack” in a first official comment on the incident, a North Korean foreign ministry official said on Sunday.
The State Department representative also called for an investigation and said North Korea was closely following the rumors promoted by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the anti-North Korean group.
But North Korea did not amount to blaming Washington directly and called on the Spanish authorities to conduct a responsible investigation.
“We will wait for the outcome of the investigation and we will be patient,” the Korean Central News Agency quoted a Foreign Ministry representative as saying.
The agency said an armed group attacked the North Korean embassy in Spain and restricted and beat and torture embassy staff and stealing communications equipment.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]