UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardenne said on Sunday that the terrorist attack on Christchurch’s mosques would be tried in New Zealand and would not be handed over to Australia.
“We are reviewing the laws on the possession of arms, and these laws must be changed,” she told a news conference. “We will discuss the serious laws on the acquisition of arms.”
She pointed out that the bodies of the victims will be handed over to owners of owners starting today, all to be delivered until Tuesday.
She confirmed that her office received a “statement” Friday from the gunman minutes before the attack. “I was one of more than 30 recipients of the statement sent nine minutes before the attack,” the statement said. To the security services within two minutes of receiving it.
New Zealand police commissioner Mike Bush announced on Saturday that the death toll had risen to 50, confirming that only one person had been detained.
The murder charge was brought to Australian citizen Brenton Tarant, who was detained until April 5.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org