UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — A Turkish man named Guzman Tanis was shot dead on Monday at a tram station in the Dutch city of Utrecht, killing three people and injuring five, reopening the debate over the attacks on immigrants in Europe.
In recent years, the European continent has witnessed a series of bloody terrorist attacks that have violently hit, killed dozens of people and have resonated widely in the world.
Here are the most violent attacks in Europe.
– 13 November 2015 – The French capital of Paris and its northern suburb of San Doni rocked the capital of Paris, killing at least 130 people and injuring more than 400. The attack was adopted by the Daesh organization, calling it the “September 11 French attacks”.
The attacks are the largest in terms of the number of victims in the history of France and the biggest attacks on Paris since World War II.
– March 22, 2016 – A series of bombings at the Brussels-Brussels airport and the Malbec railway station near the European Union headquarters killed 35 people and injured 340. He claimed responsibility.
The attacks in Brussels came four days after the accused accused of masterminding the Paris attacks, Salah Abdel Salam, a French-Moroccan of Moroccan origin in the Brussels suburb of Molenbeek.
– July 14, 2016 – A Tunisian resident of France, Mohamed Lahouij Bouhilal, ran over a truck driven by crowds celebrating Bastille Day. The attack killed 87 people and wounded 434 others, and adopted a “Daach” attack later.
– 19 December 2016 – A run-in on the Christmas market in the German capital of Berlin, by a truck driven by Tunisian Anis Ameri, broke into crowds in the market, killing 12 people and injuring 56 others.
– March 22, 2017 – A tram running on the Westminster Bridge in the Parliament Square in the center of the British capital London was carried out by British Adrian Russell Alames, named after Khaled Massoud after converting to Islam.
Massoud trampled three passers-by on the bridge by car and wounded dozens. He then stabbed a police officer and tried to reach the British Parliament building.
– May 22, 2017 – A suicide bombing in the British city of Manchester hit the Manchester Arena during a concert by famous American singer Ariana Grande.
The attack, which he claimed, claimed 23 lives and wounded 250, the heaviest in Britain since July 2005.
British authorities said the bomber was Salman al-Obeidi, born in Britain to an immigrant family from Libya.
– June 3, 2017 – A series of London bridge attacks by a group of 3 people in a van, trampled pedestrians on the London Bridge, then got out of the car and stabbed shopkeepers and coffee shops with knives in the Boro Market area.
The attack, which killed 11 people and wounded 48, was adopted by the British-Pakistani Haram Butt, the Moroccan Libyan Rachid Radwan and the Moroccan-Moroccan Youssef Zouhouba.
The attack took place less than two weeks after the attack in Manchester and in the same manner as the Westminster Bridge bomber in March.
– 17 August 2017 – A series of attacks in the capital of the province of Catalonia, the city of Barcelona, the municipality of Kannar and the city of Cambrils. The Van drove through Barcelona’s La Rambla Street, killing 13 people and injuring more than 100 others. The driver of the car also killed another person stabbed.
On the same day there was a similar run-off in the city of Cambrils south of Barcelona, killing one person and wounding six, and then two explosions rocked the municipality of Kannar, leaving one dead and 10 injured. A total of 16 people were killed in the attacks.
– 7 April 2017 – Stockholm attack, where a truck in the city’s main shopping street ran over a crowd of pedestrians before hitting a commercial center. Four people were injured and 15 others were injured in the incident.
This terrorist attack became the first of its kind in the contemporary history of Sweden, resulting in human casualties. And carried out by the Uzbek immigrant Rahmat Akilov.
– April 3, 2017 – A suicide bombing in the Russian St. Petersburg subway was carried out by Russian citizen Akbarzhon Jalilov, killing 16 people and injuring more than 80. The attack coincided with President Vladimir Putin’s visit to the city.
– 18 August 2017 – A mass stabbing attack in the Finnish city of Turku by Moroccan asylum-seeker Abdul Rahman Mishkaat after his asylum application was denied. Several people were stabbed in the central square of the city, killing two people and injuring 8 others, the first terrorist attack in Finland.
– January 2, 2016 – Explosion in Sultan Ahmed Square in Istanbul, one of the most important tourist attractions in the city, targeting a tourist in the field, in which 10 people were killed and 15 others were injured by a suicide bomber belonging to the Syrian Da’ash organization. Turkish.
– June 28, 2016 – Two suicide bombings rocked Istanbul’s Ataturk International Airport, killing 45 civilians and injuring about 240. Three gunmen, two of them foreigners and the third Turki, took part in the attack.
– January 1, 2017 – shooting at a nightclub, “Reina” one of the most nightclubs in Istanbul, at night Christmas holiday, and claimed the attack killed 39 people and injured 65 others, was carried out by the Uzbek citizen Abdulkadir Masharipov.
The Turkish authorities said the attack was carried out by the same cell that was behind the Ataturk airport attack.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: email@example.com