UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — The United States is responsible for power supply problems affecting most of Venezuela, opinion was expressed on Monday evening by Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
“The US imperialist government ordered this attack to happen when it realized that its attempts to harm Venezuela were fruitless,” said the head of state during a speech broadcast in Periscope. He has previously come forward with similar accusations, which were rejected by the US Department of State.
On the evening of March 7, Caracas and most of the states of Venezuela were left without light. According to the authorities, the cause was sabotage at the Simon Bolivar’s largest hydropower plant in the state of Bolívar in the country.
According to some experts, this accident has become unprecedented in scale.
Maduro said earlier on Monday that the authorities are continuing to work on the restoration of electricity supply. On the same day, the National Assembly, at the request of opposition leader Juan Guaido, announced the introduction of a state of emergency in the country due to power outages.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for VOP from different countries around the world – edited and published by VOP staff in our newsroom.
Support The VOP from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are the Voice of People — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes VOP possible came from you.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org