UNITED STATES (VOP TODAY NEWS) — China’s telecom giant Huawei on Tuesday attacked US efforts to blacklist its company and denied any loopholes in the company’s technology to spy on Beijing.
Ren Zhengfei stressed that the world can not spare Huawei and its more advanced “technology”, denying once again that there is a way to use any gaps in technology without his knowledge.
“This is not possible, because in our entire organization, we have repeatedly stressed that we will never do so,” he said in an interview with BBC.
“If we did that, America would have the technology that it has,” he said.
He said he would close the company if any spying occurred for Beijing.
“Our company will never carry out any espionage, and if that happens, I will close the company.”
Rehn, 74, denounced the arrest of his daughter Ming Wang Zhou, the group’s financial director, last December for violating US sanctions on Iran, saying the move was politically motivated. A court in Canada next month will hold a hearing on the extradition.
“We object to that, but since we have taken this path, we will leave it to the judiciary,” he said.
But he continued to defy American pressure. “The United States can not crush us, the world can not do without us because we are more sophisticated,” he said.
Huawei’s founder has been forced out of the shadows in recent months as pressure mounts on the company over spying charges linked to Chinese intelligence and an American-led campaign to persuade other countries to stop using the group’s technology.
Last year, several countries, including Australia and the United States, blocked the Chinese company from participating in the deployment of the future fifth generation mobile communications network.
New Zealand also banned its biggest telecoms operator from using Huawei’s fifth-generation technology, while Czech Republic reportedly excluded it from a 20 million euro ($ 22 million) tender to build an electronic tax portal.
The US Department of Justice has also accused Huawei of stealing trade secrets and offering rewards to employees for technology theft from other competitors.
He played down the importance of increasing pressure and said he was confident of the company’s future.
“If the lights go out in the West, the East will remain bright,” he said. “America does not represent the world.”
“Even if they convince more countries not to use us for a while, we have a choice to reduce our size,” he said.
There is growing evidence that US efforts to persuade its allies to abandon Huawei technology will not work.
A British intelligence report said it had the capability to address security risks posed by the use of Huawei’s fifth-generation equipment, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
“Other countries can say that if the British are confident in reducing risks to national security, they can also reassure their audience and the US administration that they are acting carefully to allow telecom service providers to use Chinese components,” the paper quoted an unnamed source as saying.
New Zealand telecom firm Spark is in talks with the security service to quell concerns about security risks posed by the use of Huawei’s equipment to develop a fifth-generation telecommunications network at the national level, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Tuesday.
In November, the New Zealand Security Agency (Spark) banned the use of the equipment, citing “serious risks to national security,” but Ardenne said on Tuesday that the company had never ruled out participating in the deployment of the fifth generation network.
VOP Today News — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: email@example.com